Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Peyton Manning in My Facebook Friends File?


Right now I am totally freaking out over this whole facebook experience. The other day I posted a blog entry on our church website, entitled, "Connecting with my church planting heroes on facebook." I was ecstatic because Brian McLaren had accepted my friend invitation. Now who shows up in my friend file? Peyton Manning.
I know what my blogging friends are thinking, "Thee Peyton Manning, aka, Indianapolis Colts star quarterback Peyton Manning?" I was thinking the same thing myself. I mean, yah, I did type his name in the search box, along with Sylvester Stallone, Johnny Depp, Tiger Woods, Brett Favre (no offense Peyton), and a few others. I wasn't totally surprised when his profile came up. I mean, everyone is on this facebook thing these days. Also, I wasn't expecting it to be the real Peyton Manning when I clicked on the "add as a friend" button. I figured it was some fanatical fan, or an agent or PR person representing the man. So, I jotted him a little message. Actually, it was somewhat of a lengthy message.
So, let's see if it's the real Peyton Manning. If it is, I will turn my #4 Brett Favre/Green Bay Packers jersey in for an official, NFL Indianapolis Colts/#18 Peyton Manning Jersey. I will post Peyton's response in days to come. That is, if it really is Peyton Manning.