Friday, May 23, 2008

Feeling the pinch

While driving home from the Whiteboard Sessions I found myself in NYC, on 95 North, approaching the GW Bridge, in the middle of gridlock traffic, at 1:30am, while bridge maintinance work was going on. I was positioned with several large 18 wheelers, buses and other large vehicles surrounding me, with no way to nudge my way out of that mess, so I just went along for the ride. It took what seemed like forever to get through the toll booths and make my way across the bridge so that I could connect with 87 North enroute to Troy, NY. Thank God for His mercy upon me, that I didn't panic. What truly amazed me was the way traffic flowed, even at a snail's pace, with hardly any room between lanes. Everyone just moved along so smoothly, like a symphony. No fender benders at the hands of those who take it upon themselves to own the road which, in NYC, is almost everybody on the road. Anyway, Great to be home. Great conference. I enjoyed every part of it, including the drive home.