Saying yes to God has a cost
- Saying yes to God sometimes means saying "No!"
- No to opportunites that may seem like good ones, sometimes even more appealing than what God has called me to
- No to something easier or more comfortable
- No to the idea of walking away or giving up
2. Saying "Yes" to God often means sacrifice
- sacrifice of my hopes, plans and ambitions for what God wants to do in and through me.
- laying everything down at the foot of the cross for the purpose of following Christ wherever He leads
- Sacrifice of my time, energy, resources, family for His kingdom and His purpose
- Saying Yes to God will cost everything I have.
3. Saying "Yes" to God means I may offend some people
- Those who walk contrary to the will of God (ungodly)
- Those who mean well but think I would serve my family better by choosing something else; something easier or less risky than planting a church in a "dangerous" inner-city neighborhood.
4. Saying "Yes" to God brings great joy and blessings, but not always obvious; especially when enduring great trials and struggles.
So, today I'm saying, "Yes and Amen!"