Thursday, September 18, 2008

am I dreaming too big?

20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 320-21) NLT

I see people giving their hearts to God
Reaching up to their Creator
As He reaches into them
They, in turn, reach out to others who are sad, broken and hurting.

I remember the days of my own brokenness
And how my gracious and merciful God reached down with His saving hand
He delivered me from the path that leads downward
And set my feet on solid ground

I was a broken soul, searching for someone, something to fill my emptiness
Someone to come and cure my aching, lonely heart.
Then He came and rescued me,
Filled me with new life and set me free

Now I have new dreams of lost, broken, hurting people
finding their way back to God.
I don't dream about buildings or boards, religion or programs
Just people giving their hearts to God

Am I dreaming too big? Am I just a daydreamer with his head in the clouds?

All I want in this life is to know God deeply and intimately and to show His love to others; to be His light in the midst of a dark and dying world, and instrument in the hands of the Master, fit for His use.