Monday, January 28, 2008

How is God shaping your understanding of the way He works in life and ministry?

A few years ago I was slapping myself wondering what God is preparing me for. I had gone to seminary, had candidated at several churches that were searching for pastors and had even thought of going overseas (Ireland) to join God on mission. Nothing seemed to be opening to me. However, as I persevered, trusting that God has a purpose for me, He began to flood my mind with fresh vision for planting an inner-city church. He then brought me to a place to apply the vision.

Two years into this church planting endeavor I am beginning to see how God uses everything from our past to bring us to where He wants us to be. Nothing was a coincidence or happened by chance. Every chapter of my life was designed by God to prepare me for what I am doing now. He will indeed take us to new heights, if we will let go and let Him be God.