Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Experiencing Facebook

For about a year now I have been hearing the buzz surrounding the internet's newest big thing,"Facebook." I was invited by my friend Pastor Derek Spain to join Facebook and become a member of his North Country Ministries facebook group. I was a little reluctant at first, thinking that it would be one more thing to keep me on the internet longer than I should or need to be. However, after signing up and exploring Facebook a bit, I began to see the value of being a part of this new craze. For one, I am fascinated over the idea networking with other Christ followers. Facebook has given us all an opportunity to connect in a way that we haven't been able to previously. Within the span of a couple of weeks I have been able to connect with many followers of Christ and co-laborers in the great commission. Some of these folks I have never met physically, yet we all share a common bond in the Holy Spirit as well as a vested interest in church planting and advancing the kingdom of God.See you on Facebook!