Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Digging for Diamonds

This past Monday my family and I took a drive to Herkimer, NY, site of the world famous Herkimer Diamond Mines. We drove an hour and a half each way for the purpose of pounding rocks and hopefully finding a few of the prescious gems. We had heard stories of some large finds, even within the past few years. While we were there a young boy (not one of mine sad to say) found a golf ball sized diamond that was reportedly worth about two grand. All we walked away with were a few diamond chips worth about 2 bucks, some nice sized blisters (need I remind you we were pounding rocks with five pound sledge hammers) and some family memories that will last for a long time to come.

A thought occured to me while banging on those rocks, digging for treasure....what would happen in my life if I attacked my Bible with the same zeal and determination?