Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Church Planting Experience: Planting of the Church Planter (Cont)

God has purposely and permanantly broken me out of that "bubble."

The secret is out...not that I was keeping any secrets, but I was not advertising that I'm a church planter/pastor at the diner where I'm employed. Earlier this year, January 8th, our church building was burlgarized and copper piping cut out and stolen...it was big news and all of the local TV and newspaper crews showed up and reported the story, which led to an outpouring of support, both financial and moral. I received more than my "15 minutes of fame." I would say that working at a popular local diner added to the exposure we received and many customers, along with most of the staff, voiced their concern with compassion and understanding. One concerned woman, a local community leader and business owner, set up a GoFundMe campaign which has aided in our financial support. Also being grounded in the community in which have lived in for 9 years now has proven to me and my wife to be of more value than anything we could have come up with on our own. God impressed upon me over and over the importance of living in the community and being an active part of it. This same community responded to our tragic event. One city councilman spoke on our behalf during one of the news reports..and as a result our grim situation turned around quickly to a communuity support rally. We're still working on getting our plumbing and heating restored, but we have received enough funds to replace the materials that were stolen, and also to purchase several kerosene space heaters. One local man donated 20 gallons of kerosene, and in the midst of all of this, which was designed by the enemy to shut us down, we have launched a community outreach ministry, where dozens of local needy families are served, totally supplied by a local supermarket; they give us their day old food, bakery and produce products. It would be easy for me to boast about all of this, as if i had something to do with it. My part is simply to remain, faithful and obedient. in the community where God has planted me