- We are in the middle of our third week since opening the Pedestrian Outreach Center.
- Word of mouth is traveling. More people are coming in for free coffee, refreshments and conversation. We are also giving out bread and milk to families in need.
- Additionally, all this week we have been serving lunch to neighborhood kids who are on spring break from school. We will continue to serve a daily lunch for pedestrians from 12:00-2:00pm consisting of sandwiches, baked goods and other assorted items. We are in the process of hooking up a stove and sink so that we can begin offering hot meals for lunch.
- We now have internet access and a computer terminal so that pedestrians can search for jobs, sign up for and/or check e-mail, etc.
- We will soon be installing a large bulletin board where employers, landlords and community agencies may post information for pedestrians.
- Life Groups are coming soon. This will be a weekly small group that meets for the purpose of discussing life issues from a Biblical perspective. Many of us are battling with one or more issues that dominate our lives and keep us from living a free, abundant life that Christ came to give us. For more info call us at 518-274-8080
We desire to be a blessing to this north central Troy community and throughout the city of troy and to pedestrians as they walk through daily life. If you or someone you know needs our services, or simply to chat about life or whatever is on their heart, come on in to the Pedestrian Outreach Center, currently open Monday through Friday, 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Need private prayer and/or counseling? call Pastor Dave Lewis at 518-526-6079
How can you and/or your church get involved with Pedestrian Outreach Center?
- Pray for this vital, frontline, inner-city ministry
- consider volunteering an hour, an afternoon, etc. We are praying about eventually extending our current hours of operation from our current time of 11:00am - 2:00pm to 8am - 3pm. Additionally, we would like to impliment a summer time and afterschool (in the fall) childcare program. This provides great opportunities for those who have a calling to children's ministry.
- consider helping us financially through one time gifts or regular giving. Checks can be made payable to CORE Church of Troy, ear marked for Pedestrian Outreach Center.