Tuesday, January 3, 2012

idk:what is God up to?

Got to admit, 2011 turned out to be a year when I had no clue as to what God is doing...for the most part anyway...speaking of myself and my own life, that is. Can we ever truly know what God is up to? (rhetorical question)

Have you ever felt like that?

In 2010 we spent most of the year at the Troy YMCA, using their community room each Sunday for our weekly CORE Church gatherings, but as 2011 approached, and after five years into this church re-plant, my wife and I were tired, warn out from trying to make this ministry work. We felt led by the Spirit to take a break from church planting and we did just that. We still continued to reach out to a few adults and 15-20 students who are still a part of our church family. We began bringing the Jr & Sr high kids to Grace Fellowship's youth ministry gatherings where we have met and befriended youth pastor Jason Coombs and dozens of wonderful adults who serve at Grace, as well as many great students. Additionally, my wife and I have become more involved with serving at Grace and taking part in small groups. In September 2011 I went to the 201 next step class and proceeded with the process of becoming a covenant member of Grace Fellowship. Not wanting to be just a name on a membership roll, I began praying about where I can serve and where me and my family fit in at Grace, and God has opened new doors for all of us; myself, my wife, and my two sons.

Another great and effective door God has opened to us in 2011 is at Matthew 25 ministries' weekly community meal hosted by United Church of Cohoes each Saturday afternoon and led by UCC's own David Stowell. My family and I have become weekly regulars, serving every Saturday along side Mr. Stowell and a great group of volunteers.

So we are looking forward in 2012...still don't always have a clue as to what God is doing, but I know it will always be something good (Romans 8:28) and that what He is doing is made clearer to me through Scripture and through serving in the body of Christ